Short term treatment of constipation associated with:
● Anal Fissure
● Cardiovascular disorder
● Pre and Post operative condition
● Elderly and bed ridden patients
● Bowel clearance before radioscopy.
- Milk of Magnesia:
● Milk of magnesia is practically insoluble in water and solution is not effected until the hydroxide reacts with hydrochloric acid in the stomach to form magnesium chloride. Its neutralising action is almost equal to that of sodium bicarbonate. When the dose is in excess of that required to neutralise the acid the intragastric pH may reach pH 8 or 9. Acid rebound following magnesium hydroxide is clinically insignificant.
● Magnesium hydroxide has an indirect cathartic effect resulting from water retention in the intestinal lumen.
- Sodium Picosulfate:
● Sodium picosulfate is a locally acting laxative from the triarylmethane group, which after bacterial cleavage in the colon, has a dual-action with stimulation of
the mucosa of both the large intestine and of the rectum. Stimulation of the mucosa of the large intestine results in colonic peristalsis, with promotion of accumulation of water, and consequently electrolytes, in the colonic lumen. This results in a stimulation of defaecation, reduction of transit time and softening of the stool.
● As a laxative that acts on the colon, sodium picosulfate specifically stimulates the natural evacuation process in the lower region of the gastrointestinal tract.
Therefore, sodium picosulfate is ineffective in altering the digestion or absorption of calories or essential nutrients in the small intestine.
- Liquid paraffin:
● When taken orally Liquid Paraffin acts as a lubricant and keeps the stools soft; it is useful in the treatment of constipation and in painful conditions of the anus
Packing Available: 60ml
● Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of composition.
● Acute abdominal surgery, intestinal obstruction, undiagnosed abdominal pain, pregnancy and lactation.
● Contraindicated in children.
Special Warning and Precautions:
● Do not use without a doctor’s advice if you have stomach pain, nausea, vomiting only.
● Call your doctor at once if you have a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
● Do not use this medicine without a doctor’s advice if you are pregnant.
● Do not use for longer than 7 days without medical advice.
● Laxatives containing magnesium salt impair absorption of Tetracycline.
● Since sodium picosulfate increases the rate of gastrointestinal transit, it may affect the absorption of other orally administered drugs which are given
Pregnancy and Lactation:
There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant and lactating women. As with all medicines, avoid during early pregnancy and during lactation or concere your doctor before taking any medicine.
Date of Product launch: June 2014
MRP: Pls refer price list
Same as SORELAX Sus.
- Sorelax is known as a bulk-forming laxative that helps relieve constipation and promote regularity.
- Sorelax can help treat diarrhea by increasing stool size and slowing its passage through the intestinal tract.
- Sorelax is able to delay food digestion, which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Sorelax aids appetite control by slowing down stomach emptying and reducing appetite. Decreased appetite and calorie intake may support weight loss.
- Sorelax can lower total cholesterol levels by promoting the removal of bile acids from the body. It has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol significantly.
- Regular intake of Sorelax fiber has been linked to reduced blood pressure, lowered triglycerides levels and reduced risk of heart disease.
- Sorelax is considered a prebiotic fiber. It can promote short-chain fatty acid production and decrease digestive discomfort in patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Sorelax appears to be well tolerated by most people.
However, some cramping, gas or bloating may occur.
Also, Sorelax could delay the absorption of certain medications. Therefore, it’s not recommended to take it with any other medicines.
Although uncommon, some allergic reactions like rashes, itching or trouble breathing can result.
MRP: Pls refer price list
PRODUCT QUALITY FEEDBACK : firstname.lastname@example.org
ADVERSE EVENT REPORTING : http://adr.sarp.ltd or email@example.com
TM: Trademark under registration
DISCLAIMER: Product SORELAX has been moved from its previous page http://sarppharmaceuticals.in/capital/sorelax to this page
SOURCES: MNT, DMPHRM